Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weighing In


First Weigh-In with Mike Navin

Proof That I Weigh Too Much!


I'm sorry that I haven't written in a bit.  We have lots to cover!  I had my first and second weigh-ins with Mr. Mike Navin of Lean Body Fitness, LLC in Wyandotte.  He has been kind enough to be an official of sorts to make sure my weigh-ins are legit.  He has set up a schedule to meet me before he goes in to work on Friday mornings.  We are talking 6:15 a.m. folks.  Now that is a very nice man! 

We are meeting at Tongue's 2958 Biddle Avenue in Wyandotte with permission from their wonderful owner.  Mr. Navin weighs me in and then I get to enjoy one of their wonderful caffeine free, organic teas made locally in Trenton.  I tried the Moroccan Spice and I am SOLD!  It was the best treat.

Ok, back to business.  My first weigh-in was 266 lbs.  All of this time and I was still the same weight!  I didn't get discouraged though.  My sugar values have gone from a consistant 300-400+ down to a much more healthy 100-200.  This is HUGE in my journey.  I stayed focused on that.

My next weigh-in was much less successful.  I have been virtually without caffeine drinks of any kind and eating a 1200-1400 calorie diet for about 4 weeks.  I have been following an exercise schedule, though light in nature, effective I would guess.  Well, the next weigh-in showed a 4 lb gain!  I thought I was going to have a nervous break down!  I cried all the way home from that weigh-in.  No need to sugar coat how horrible that was to see.  I have been trying so much harder than I can even say.  My family spent the day trying to console my bruised ego. 

Interesting thing is that I have a new found energy for the whole thing.  The entire journey was to get me healthy and my sugar values are almost normal in just 4 weeks time after having me close to death's door all of the time.  REJOICE I say!!!!  Fat or thin is neither here nor there.  I just want to be alive and healthy to be with my babies. 

Today I carry on with my quest in the spirit that I began it.  Onward and upward!  Keep calm and carry on!  Lots of other cliches!  I will keep on this healthier path that I am on regardless of my ability to fit into a bikini.  Let's face it no matter how cute I am no one wants to see that at my age anyway! HA!

I weigh in again on Friday at 6:15 a.m. and I'm sure that this time we will see a change.  I have more energy and my positive outlook is even more charged than ever.

God bless and healthy munchin'!

No comments:

Post a Comment