Sunday, January 22, 2012

A bit of a stumble...

I do try to begin each day with the sunshine in mind.  By that I mean that I try to remember my childrens' smiling faces to keep me going.  Today has been a bit of a stumble.  In theory I would only post about the happy, positive ways I like to think I am trying to live by.  However, I understand that in order to help others understand how it is to live with this I must tell it all good and bad.

Last night was a more painful night than others.  The cold that has set in here in Michigan in normal for this time of year but this is the first year that I have had to live with my arthritis and neoropathy coming at me as a team.  The arthritis flaring this bad is a new thing for me.  I have been dealing with it being this painful for about 4 months I suppose.  I did always believe that when someone would say, "I know its going to rain. I can feel it in my trick knee." that it was pure tale.  Well, not so much.  The colder and more damp it is outside the worse it feels.  The swelling on the joints in my hands is very apparent today. 

Last night the pain was so bad that I decided maybe a hot shower would help with the pain.  The house was quiet and everyone was asleep.  The first moments in the shower were relaxing.  I moved to grab some shampoo and before I knew it there I was in the bottom of the tub.  My mind was spinning and I could feel the shooting pain in my left leg and hip.  This was just lovely.  I tried everything to get up on my own but no luck.  What humiliation this is.  I have to call for help.  This is just what my family needs to see.  Not only does it scare them terribly but the naked, fat chick in the bottom of the tub crying is not easily forgotten to say the least.  I called for Emily my 18 yr old daughter and she came running to my rescue.  (I really am going to have to up her allowance!)

The point of all of this is today I should be reinvented because of this.  I should be eating rice cakes and water determined not to let something like that happen again.  Instead, I awoke with the appetite of a wild monster looking for any snackin' that might make me forget about how useless it felt to not be able to help myself last night.  Before I ate everything in the house I sat down and I'm writing this to you.  Everyone, at any given time, can stumble but that doesn't mean we have to fall all the way down the hill.  Yes, last night was horrible.  Today is a BRAND NEW DAY!  I am going to fight this need to self destruct today.  There are lots of fruits and veggies in the house and they will be my munchies today.  Unfortunately, there may be lots more nights just like that one ahead of me.  I am just going to do my very best to keep them from happening.

Every day is a fresh start.  Most people wait for a new season or even a new year to make a fresh start on things.  I promise myself, my family and most certainly God, that I will make every day a BRAND NEW DAY.  Sounds pretty good, don't you agree?  What are you going to do with this BRAND NEW DAY?  I would just love to hear!

No comments:

Post a Comment