Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Crazy Idea #1

I have found that doing for others always seems to come first in life.  This means many things.  If your man is a mechanic, but you have bad breaks on your car, you might understand this.  Everyone seems to be better at helping others than they are at helping themselves.  How many times have you stopped dead in your tracks to give money to the Salvation Army bell ringer?  I always search for any change I have for them!  However, I never seem to be able to remember to put my spare change into that jar in my room marked "Our Future".  I have a point here I promise.

Here is my idea.  Losing weight for myself is not always easy.  My idea is that I will lose weight for charity.  I am going to dedicate myself to a cause.  I will donate $1 per pound that I lose to my favorite soup kitchen here in Wyandotte.  I am almost sure that I can get family and friends to pledge to donate for this as well.  They all want to see me healthy and who doesn't love a good cause?  I will start this very moment with this one.  I weighed myself an hour ago and I am at an alarming 261 lbs.  Here is a picture of my daughter Josie and myself.  We will use it as the "before".  I will try to find a more public outlet for this, but for right now I will just pledge this for myself. 



  I will post my weight again in a week's time so that everyone knows where I am with it. 
Wish me luck!!

1 comment:

  1. It has come to my attention that I have not posted a time period for "Crazy Idea #1". That is easy enough to fix now isn't it? Today is Monday, January 23, 2012. We will begin today and we will go 90 days from today. That puts us pretty close to April 23. I will post my weight every Monday during this time. At each 30 day mark I will give the money that I have pledged from weight loss, along with any other pledges I have received, to the soup kitchen. So do we think this sounds fair?

    Wish me luck!
    Blessings Everyone!

    ReplyDelete