Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Today is a Brand New Day!

How exciting! My very first post. I thought long and hard about what to say but I think that just digging in is the best option. I am a diabetic with MANY diabetic based problems.  I find that keeping my sugar values in check is harder than it sounds. Yes, I am an adult and I do understand that adult decisions come with adult ramifications. (Thank you dad.)  I do understand that a piece of cake can potentially kill me.  However, lots of things come in to play when you are going about living life.  I am truly a chunky chick by nature.  I am bored today...yup, I want a snack.  I am sad today...yup, I want a snack.  I am busy today...nope, I didn't pay attention to what I was eating.  All in all I am terrible about watching what I eat and when.  I am forever coming up with new and sometimes crazy ideas on how to manage my disease.  I decided that I needed a way to find everyday encouragement to be much better behaved.  I will be posting EVERYTHING!  I promise not to hide a thing.  A true example is that right this minute my sugar is 333 and my weight is 261.  Neither number is one that ANY girl would want to make public.  I am hoping that going forward I will have great things to share with you about progress, progress, progress.  I will share with you recipes that I have found that are helping me and exercises that I can do even with my limited abilities. 

1 comment:

  1. Pam, I am so proud of you for beginning this journey!!! I think that by making your commitment public, it ensures that your success will be more likely.

    You should contact the News Herald about linking your blog to them and becoming part of their blogging team. patch.com is also looking for bloggers to link to. These groups are ALWAYS seeking new bloggers, and I think that you could potentially help and encourage a lot of others who are struggling with similar issues and would be inspired and encouraged by what you have to say. In addition, some of your readership might have some great tips and encouragement to share in return.

    SO excited about your post. When I stop procrastinating about my blog, I'm going to spread the word to my subscribers about you!!!!

    ReplyDelete